I wanted to make a healthy energy bar for me to snack on in between the meals if i get hungry instead of eating for example a piece of cake or bread from the fridge (left overs from the weekend) but its sometimes difficult to find proper nuts here in Livingstone and seeds are even more difficult. Its also very expensive so i had to take what i had in the storage and this is the result.
They didnt end up as healthy as i wished but its a good bar to eat 45-60 min before exercising if you need extra energy or just after exercising to fill up the glycogen depots with fast carbs.
- 2 dl crusched Kellogs Cornflakes
- 2 dl oats
- 1 dl Jungle wheat (see picture below, i think you can use semolina “mannagryn” or corn flour)
- 1 1/2 egg white
- 0,5 dl coconut oil
- 1/2 dl fluid honey
- 1 medium size banana
- 1 dl raisins
- 1 tsp salt
- Crush the cornflakes and mix all the dry ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Mash the banan and whisk it together with the eggs, coconut oil and honey.
- Stir down the dry ingredients into the wet ones with a spoon.
- Place the dough on a peice of waxpaper on an owen tray and bake it in the middle of the owen at 150 degrees for about 40 min (check the colour of it, its not suppose to turn to much into a brownish colour)
- Take the bar dough out and cut in into squared pieces when its warm. Let them cool down on a grate before you put it into a sealed container.
This is how mine looked like before baking it in the owen.
ENJOY it instead of a cookie with your coffee or as a snack before or after workout!